Is your team currently struggling with lead management in Salesforce?
Does opening any lead screen in Salesforce make your team cringe and scream in shock and horror?
If so, you might need a Salesforce Health Check, where we can help identify areas where your Salesforce configuration need to be enhanced in order to better support your business needs.
If you're more of a DIY'er, here's the ultimate guide of items you should look for - in order to improve your team's use of the lead management functionality in Salesforce:
- Check your lead duplication rules;
- Check your Chatter Feed settings;
- Check your Chatter Actions (Publisher Actions);
- Check your State & Country Picklist settings;
- Check your current use of Web-to-Lead functionality;
- Check your lead auto-response rules;
- Analyze your current field usage;
- Review fields to identify unnecessary fields to be removed;
- Identify missing fields needed by the business;
- Review record types to identify unnecessary record types to be removed;
- Identify record types needed by the business;
- Identify duplicates;
- Review standard handling of leads within the same organization;
- Determine if custom buttons (Mass Edit/Update/Delete) are needed on list views;
- Determine if custom links (search on LinkedIn, etc.) are needed on lead detail screens;
- Review current communication templates & determine if others are needed;
- Do users need training on how to use the leads object and capture activities associated with leads?
- Review picklist values;
- Review list views;
- Review lead fields and mapping for lead conversion (to contacts, accounts, opportunities);
- Review lead assignment rules;
- Review page layouts;
- Review mini page layouts;
- Review compact page layouts;
- Review search layouts;
- Review layouts for related lists (activities) on leads pages;
- Identify leads with no email address;
- Review lead-related workflows;
- Review lead-related validation rules;
- Review dependent picklists;
- Review Process Builder flows;
- Review lead rating criteria;
- Review lead status picklist values;
- Review sharing rules;
- Review reports;
- Review dashboards.
Did I miss anything? If so, please let me know! I would love to hear from you.
David Giller a Salesforce MVP, User Group Leader, Trainer, Consultant, Blogger & Author.
Although he started his career as an attorney, David entered the world of enterprise-scale IT management at NBCUniversal, & continued at GE Capital, where he was first introduced to Salesforce & became known as "The Salesforce Guru."
David is now CEO of Brainiate, helping companies unleash the power of Salesforce.
You can read more about David's bizarre career path here.